Tendo is an award-winning public affairs and communications consultancy. Our significant growth over the last two years has been built on a series of successful high-profile political campaigns and an expanding client base seeking strategic public affairs advice.
We were behind successful campaigns to legalise medical cannabis in the UK and to remove VAT on e-books. Our current clients can be seen on our website and include the Airport Operators Association, Enterprise Rent a Car, the Radiotherapy4Life campaign, and the Royal Institute of British Architects.
We are now looking to add an outstanding Senior Account Director/Associate Director to our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate to work in a talented team directing a range of UK public affairs campaigns and communications accounts, developing their management experience and taking a proactive role in identifying and securing new business.
The successful candidate would thrive in a fast-moving entrepreneurial atmosphere, have a love of politics and a high level of professionalism. We are looking for someone with substantial experience in public affairs and communications preferably in agency or with equivalent experience in government. You will be part of the senior leadership team thereby gaining experience of all aspects of the business during our continued growth
- Overall responsibility for maintaining client accounts, establishing a long-term strategic approach on accounts and leading on account delivery
- Overseeing and ensuring that client priorities are met
- Building trusted relationships with clients, parliamentarians, media and officials
- Sharing responsibility for new business development including taking the lead in pitches, identifying opportunities for potential clients and growing existing accounts
What we are looking for:
- Substantial experience in a public affairs or an external communications role
- Keen networker, with a passion for public affairs and a nuanced understanding of the relationship between business and politics
- A track record of devising and leading successful public affairs campaigns
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate with a range of decision makers along with senior corporate personnel
- Experience of working with the mechanisms of government and Parliament to drive forward change
- Experience of presenting reports and presentations both verbally and in writing
- The ability to identify and drive forwards new business opportunities.
- Experience of line management, managing work streams, and the ability to prioritise own workload
- Experience drafting media and social media strategies, pitching stories to the media, issues management and crisis communications
Closing Date: 2nd September 2020
Interviews expected to be held in the week commencing 7th September. We will be looking at applications daily and may decide to hold interviews sooner. As a result, and in exceptional circumstances, we reserve the right to appoint before the closing date.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Senior Account Director/Associate Director application”